Thursday, June 25, 2009

#4 About Always Being Dragged Along

It's true. I am dragged along to just about every soccer game, concert, school play, or whatever is going on at the moment that my brother or sister is in. And of course, because they're allowed to stay home by themselves, they never have to be dragged along to the stuff I go to. Now, sometimes I'm able to bring a book or something with me to keep me occupied, but not usually. Actually, once in a while, at a soccer game, there will be concessions that i can buy with some extra cash that I might have brought. Even then, I'm forced to sit on a cold bench and watch my brother or sister play soccer while my butt freezes over. Not very pleasant. I hope someday I won't have to go to every single one of my siblings "special events".

1 comment:

  1. Philip--
    I have enjoyed reading your blog. It is great
    to see a young man use words so well and to
    have strong opinions on so many things.

    I would like to comment on your bitterness
    about always being "dragged along."

    I think there is a movie you should see that
    will give you some valuable perspective on
    your situation.

    It is about someone else who got "dragged
    along" everywhere.

    But, in the film, you do not see him complain,
    or even utter a word about his problem.

    He sets quite an example. It might inspire
    you, and help you rethink your feelings.

    The movie is called "Weekend at Bernie's."
    Hope you can check it out.

    Okay...I'll keep reading and commenting...
    take good care,

    The Ancient Mariner

    ReplyDelete